Monday, April 6, 2009

Shooting arena football... outdoors

0405_loc_RuffRidersFront
Last week was the final week of practice for the Abilene Ruff Riders, the new local professional arena football team. The irony about shooting this is everything I shot of them was outside. But since that was where they were practicing there wasn't much of a choice Plus, hey, the light is better than the light's they'll be playing under at the Taylor County Coliseum.
0405_loc_RuffRidersSports1
I had quite the list of things that needed to be shot for the team preview including individual player photos. But also, a front page story on the outlook of the team and whether the team could make it or not, since the last two minor league teams in town, the baseball and hockey teams, both folded after only a couple of years. I also had to get shots of a couple of the local people on the team, including the kicker (bottom), who is the boys soccer coach at Wylie High School. His story is actually kind of funny, I think he said he's only played about 8 football games in high school, and never in college, just soccer. He actually made the team as the kicker though because of great leg strength and accuracy. For the front photo (top) I was looking for something more featurey, the sports front could have been anything. I had a shot I liked with the coach going over a play with a few players (middle) that I though worked out best for the sports front.
0405_spo_RuffRidersPertuit

No comments: