Thursday, February 14, 2013

Officer Kissy Face...

0126_ABLO_OfficerGrads1
I love it when a potentially dull assignment turns out better than it's supposed to. My assignment was to shoot a graduation ceremony for a pair of new Abilene Police officers that were already certified peace officers with another police department. Basically these guys go through a shortened police academy teaching them about Abilene city codes, local geography and specific policies of the Abilene Police Department. Honestly, the whole thing sounded kind of boring and like nearly every other and it was kind of turning out like that. The cool thing about this was both officers' had kids and they were the ones who pinned their dads' badges on them. Both made for really nice moments, but when the one officer bent down and reached out to give his young daughter a kiss I knew I had the nice moment I was waiting for.

No comments: