Monday, September 29, 2008

Full of hot air...

0927_loc_Balloons2
The only thing that contains more hot air than a politician? Why a hot air balloon of course, ok it may be a toss up. This weekend was the Big Country Balloon Fest. One of the coolest assignments I ever got to shoot was a ride in a hot air balloon a few years ago. It is one of the most surreal feelings in the world, no wind, no noise, just total calm. Then you come back down to earth and hit pretty hard and it's over. But the time in the air makes it all worth it, a lot like life in general.
0927_loc_Balloons1
Well, I didn't get to go on a balloon ride this time, in fact I didn't even have a whole lot of time to spend out there because I had to shoot it before a football game that wasn't even going to be close, so I couldn't be late or the chances of getting a shot were not good (Not that what I got was anywhere near spectacular, but that's beside the point). Anyway, although I didn't get to spend as much time out there as I would have liked, I am happy with the shots I got despite only having about 45 minutes to shoot. The light was nice as the sun was going down, so it gave me pretty light and nice long shadows. The only other thing I would have like to have gotten to shoot would have been the balloon glow at dusk, but I was too busy with other work-related stuff to get out there. Oh well, there's always next year.
0927_loc_Balloons3

No comments: