Sunday, March 1, 2009

Swimming to Austin...

0226_spo_CHSswimmer1
When it comes to swimming coverage we don't do a whole lot of it. Part of the reason is local swim meets are few and far between. It's actually kind of a shame because swimming is pretty fun to shoot, especially since it makes for a nice change from basketball. This particular story was about Eran Jennings, one of only two local swimmers to make the state meet. The great thing about shooting practice is I can shoot in places I normally can't during a meet. Like on top of the blocks during starts. I shot him doing about 10 or 12 starts, leaning over the water as far as I could. After the first few times I just had this vision of me leaning over too much and going in the pool with him! Luckily, that never happened and I got a decent shot I liked out of it. After getting the shot from the start I tried dragging my shutter a little as he was working on doing his turns and ended up getting something I liked a little better. That's the one we ended up running in the paper.
0226_spo_CHSswimmer2

No comments: