Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hanging with Pete the Penguin for Post #100!!

0506_loc_SeaWorld3
Well, given that the last time I started a blog 4 years ago and never actually made a post (and ended up forgetting both the user name AND password), I honestly never thought I'd get to post number 100. So, I'd like to thank the three or so people who actually read my ramblings on a regular basis. Anyway... one of my assignments Tuesday was to shoot some people from Sea World showing off their critters to kids in the local children's hospital. I was running a little late and when I walked in all the kids were packed into a fairly tiny room and the media and a few of the nurses and other hospital workers were left to the hall to peer into the windows
0506_loc_SeaWorld2
The Sea World "animal ambassadors" brought three different animals for the kids to see, a kangaroo, and a baby alligator but, the star of the show was Pete the penguin... well it was for me at least. He was really cool, he walked down the hall and into the room with a movie star's swagger, but without the typical douchebag movie star attitude and way cooler. It was really cool seeing all these kids who were recovering from various illnesses and surgeries to get a break from laying in their rooms and watching tv all day to see these cool animals. They all got to ask questions and touch the animals. And, at the end, Pete just strutted his way out of the room and down the hall to his cage.
0506_loc_SeaWorld1

No comments: