Monday, April 15, 2013

Hanging with Legends and Outlaws...

0324_ABLO_OutlawsFront1
The Outlaws & Legends music festival is probably the biggest music event of the year in the area. It's only been around for a few years and has grown so big they built a new venue for it this year. I ended up covering both days of the event. The first night was just an acoustic jam with a bunch of musicians going around on stage and essentially jamming together. So, I kind of focused all of my attention to the crowd and shooting pretty tight since the crowd wasn't expected to be as good on the first night.
0324_ABLO_OutlawsFront2
When I went back on Saturday, the crowd, as expected, was pretty huge. The headliner for the event was Merle Haggard, who was going on too late and I wouldn't be able to stick around for. But, there was still a pretty good line up of bands and the huge crowd was having a great time. It also didn't hurt that the weather was almost perfect. The biggest problem of shooting the same event two days in a row is finding something different than the day before, plus the paper was expecting a photo package to go with the event. I stayed there for a couple of different artists to go on and walked around working the crowd as well as shooting the bands on the stage. When Gary P. Nunn took the stage the crowd really got into things and I was able to get some pretty nice shots. IT would've been nice to have a little more time to hang out and see what else I could get later in the night, but I had other assignments to shoot and deadlines.
0323_ABLO_Outlaws1

0324_ABLO_Outlaws0327

0324_ABLO_OutlawsInside0100a

0324_ABLO_OutlawsInside3

No comments: