Thursday, May 16, 2013

Regional Track, Day 2...

0428_ABSP_5ARegionalTrack1
The second day of regional track started early. I had to shoot a couple of the early field events before the running started in the afternoon. The good part about this was I'd be able to edit all the field event photos before the running got started, less to do after the meet ended. And since I had a 150 mile drive home afterwards everything I could do to save time was a good thing.
0428_ABSP_3ARegionalTrack1
Normally there is a little bit of emotion at the end of some of the races, but the people who are expected to win their races aren't much for celebration. Either they were expecting to win anyway or have been to state already, etc. So, the few times there are nice celebrations at the end of races I make sure not to miss the shot. When it's a local kid doing the celebration I get pretty excited, mostly because I have the chance to make a nice image. So, when the Abilene High kid in the 800m made up a lot of ground after getting boxed in and moved from 7th place to 2nd in the last 300 meters there was a great celebration after he qualified for state for the first time.
0428_ABSP_RegionalTrack0578

0428_ABSP_RegionalTrack0207

0428_ABSP_3ARegionalTrack5

0428_ABSP_3ARegionalTrack3

0428_ABSP_3ARegionalTrack2

No comments: