Tuesday, June 18, 2013

State Track Day 1...

0511_ABSP_StateTrack_PhotoPageCP
Like a lot of the UIL events this year things got changed around this year for state track too. Class 1A got split into two different divisions. Division I was doing some of their field events on the first day but the running events were being run on Saturday. Division II, which was had a ton of teams that we cover was all being run on Friday, all the field events as well as the running in the evening session. This not only made for a really long day, but also, very little time to sit down and edit photos between events. Since I had someone in almost every one of the Div. II events. To add to that there was a 2 hour delay in the morning to open things because of a thunderstorm.
0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_0725
The delay put all of the field events on a rolling schedule which meant I didn't have any time to run to the tent to edit. So, I spent most of my dinner break editing photos instead of eating (not that it would hurt me to miss a meal or 6). By the time the running events started I was still a little behind with no photos sent. Part of this is I didn't want something put on the page in case I got something I liked better or it fit with the story being written. In the back of my head I was thinking to myself that a rain delay wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. However, I didn't want the two hour rain delay that we eventually got.
0511_ABSP_StateTrack_PhotoPage2
The second rain delay really threw things off. The one good thing that did come out of it was I was able to get pretty caught up with a lot of the photos I already had. Plus I was able to send a bunch of photos with the possibility of getting more. After the rain delay I would shoot a few events and if I wasn't trying to edit in camera I was running up and editing between the 1A events I was shooting (the Class 4A meet was going on too and we have no 4A schools that we cover), or I was shooting an event from the top of the stands in the tent as my photos were moving or downloading a card. It wasn't the ideal situation and made for a damn long day, but it had to be done. It's a good thing I enjoy shooting track... and it's happening again, so I got to go back to the hotel for a nap before starting over again.
0511_ABSP_StateTrackIraMorris

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_1325

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_0208

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_1400

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_1211

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_0337

0511_ABSP_StateTrackMoranShot

0511_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_0265

0511_ABSP_StateTrack_Throck1

No comments: