Sunday, August 24, 2008

This one time... at band camp

0823_lif_BandPhotoColumn1
Well, football isn't the only two-a-days I've been shooting lately. On Thursday after my original photo column idea fell through I got lucky and noticed the Abilene High band was wrapping up its summer band camp.
0823_lif_BandPhotoColumn7
The original plan was to do a photo page on the three local high school's bands. The problem was, I was only able to get a hold of one band director. One of the school's websites said they were practicing at 4pm, so I left early from the AHS practice to go all the way across town. When I got there the band was no where to be found. So, I had to go into damage control and rush back across town and get some quotes from the band director, and hopefully get a few more shots.
0823_lif_BandPhotoColumn2
Well, I guess I lucked out, as I pulled into the parking lot they had just finished practice, and I saw water balloons flying through the air. It was also the one shot I knew I was missing I had plenty of marching and playing instruments but had only one shot of a water break or anyone showing they were having a good time. Then after they doused each other with water balloons they pulled out their coolers and water bottles and doused each other with them. I guess things worked out well... now I just need to come up with a photo column idea for next week.
0823_lif_BandPhotoColumn5

No comments: