Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You better be ready, history can happen at any moment...

1101_spo_AHSvsRichland1
So, Friday's game was a little different than the night before, I was able to get to the game early and not show up for the second quarter, which was good or I may have missed something big. When I'm covering a game between a local team and an out of area team, my thoughts are always on being ready for the key play for the team I cover, who's fans are the ones who pay my check. Now, this doesn't always mean I'm looking to show them in a good light... if they lose it's my job to tell that story. However, if they win... which Abilene High has been doing all season, I need to show that too. So, when AHS got back up near their goal line early in the game I could either set up down the field or be ready for a safety. My thought was a safety this early in the game probably won't mean much, but a big run or pass can. So I was about 60 yards off the ball. Good thing I was. The next play was a 98-yard pass down the sideline. I found out at halftime this was the longest play ever in school history. The previous night I was waiting for something that never happened, tonight it did. Like I said before, ya win some, ya lose some... It's better to win.
1101AHSvsRichland0018

No comments: