Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wheat Harvest

0528_loc_WheatHarvest1

The wheat harvest has started, from looking at some of the fields I didn't think it would be all that great, but I guess looks are deceiving. Even some of the farmers I'd spoken to while shooting the story told me they didn't have real high hopes back in February, but weekly rains over the past few months seem to have made it a success. One of the farmers I shot harvesting told me he was get about 32 bushels per acre, which I'm told is good.

I only wish that could mean cheaper food prices but, I guess with fuel prices as high as they are nothing will help that anytime soon.

I only wish I could have spent more than one afternoon working on the story, there were a lot of fun photos to be had. I enjoy agriculture stories, I think because I'm a city boy and it is something new for me.

0528WheatHarvest0070

No comments: