Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...

1205_lif_DyessTreeLighting1
Well, it's December, so it's time for the jolly old fat man to be all over the place. I shot this while shooting the tree lighting ceremony at Dyess Air Force Base. This was the first time I had actually shot the ceremony, and for some reason I was expecting a real Christmas tree to be lit outside the Dyess chapel. When I got there it was just the tree growing outside the building with a few strings of lights wrapped around it. It was also bitterly cold, so the ceremony was cut short. Luckily my saving grace was the fat man showing up at the end. When he did, this little girl was jumping up and down and could barely contain her excitement. I figured I'd just follow her, knowing she was going to be my best chance of getting a nice shot... I guess it paid off.

No comments: