Friday, December 12, 2008

Sometimes, the best photos are considered "tasteless"

1205MaxwellGC
I was out shooting at one of the local golf courses for a story about the city thinking of buying the nice local course, and considering shutting down the municipal course it currently owns. Well, Maxwell (the muni course where I was shooting) isn't the nicest play in the world to play, but it is cheap, so it gets its fair share of college kids playing there. The group that I ran into were a fun group. There were cutting up, and trash talking the whole time. So, I knew it was just a matter of time before I would get something of them goofing around. When one of the guys was putting and his friend snuck up behind him and smacked him in the leg with the flag. They got a good laugh out of it, sadly though, it wasn't going to make the paper... for obvious reasons. So, I kept following the group a couple more holes hoping to get something else, however, nothing else happened, but I was able to make a couple other nice shots that would work. I was pushing time and could probably have stayed out a little longer, had I not had a golf cart that had a dying battery (I had to push the damn thing up the final hill before getting back to the clubhouse!). The bottom photo is what we used in print.
1205_loc_MaxwellGC1

No comments: