Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A man and his horse...

0125ProgressAnderson0034
This is an outtake from a story we were doing on what people do to relax and unwind away from work. I'm pretty sure what the story was about. Honestly, it didn't make a whole lot of sense even now after I had read the story. The one thing I did know is after reading the story Buddy Anderson, the guy in the photo, was the only one in the story who did anything visually appealing to unwind. So, I had called him and left a message. Two days later after not hearing from him and my deadline pushing I called back. I talked to his wife who said, "He should have called you by now, he said he was going to. Here, call him on his cell phone." Well it turns out Buddy is a lot like me and means well, but is just a little slow getting around to things that aren't #1 on his list.

When I spoke to him, he said he was headed out right then to feed his horses and would meet me if I wanted. That was perfect. When I got there a cold front had moved in that morning. So he didn't spend a whole lot of time with his horses. I think I only made about 15-20 frames. This was the last one, and my favorite. I'm kind of a sucker for silhouettes and nice cloud patterns in the sky. This one worked out nice as a picture, but just didn't tell the story, so it will only be seen here.

No comments: