Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hot Dog! It's a Weenie race...

0713_loc_DogRaces2
So I started writing this a few weeks ago, then I got sidetracked and didn't finish it. I do this a lot and normally finish it the next day. Now I have a ridiculous backlog of photos to post.
0713_loc_DogRaces3
There is no question that dog people normally love their animals and some have a rather odd way of showing it. I know because I'm one of them. As the owner of way too many dogs, I probably treat them better than any child I will ever have.
0713DogRaces204
So for the past two years the local animal rescue has held one of their big fund raisers in Buffalo Gap, just outside of Abilene. The main attraction each year has been the Dachshund races. This year there was more than 120 weenie dogs entered in the competition. It was a lot of fun.
0713_loc_DogRaces1

No comments: