Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still Waiting for a Goal...

0326_spo_CHSvsBWoodSoccer4
Cooper played Brownwood for the second soccer game I shot in the week. I got there about 7 minutes into the game and the score was 1-1. I figured great, there have been 2 goals in the first seven minutes that's gotta be a good sign. Well, I later found out that both goals were scored on penalty kicks. Cooper later scored another penalty kick goal and finally Brownwood did score a goal... while I was on the other side of the field. But I was still optimistic about some more scoring happening. Well, that wasn't such a great idea. Through the whole second half and two overtimes, there were no more goals. Luckily, unlike the Abilene High game the game was early and I wasn't sweating over a deadline. Not to mention the overtime period had some really nice light. But there were still no goals until they went to the shootout. Which also was short on goals. Sadly, between 10 shooters only ONE was able to get one past the opposing team's goalie! I'm not sure if that meant the goalies were that good or the shooters were that bad. Well, at least it made for a nice celebration photo.
0326_spo_CHSvsBWoodSoccer1

0326_SPO_CHSvsBWoodSoccer0454

0326_spo_CHSvsBWoodSoccer3

0326_SPO_CHSvsBWoodSoccer0336

0326_spo_CHSvsBWoodSoccer2

0326_SPO_CHSvsBWoodSoccer0555

No comments: