Tuesday, April 27, 2010

World's Largest BBQ....

0418_loc_BBQ1
This is one of those events I cover every year. I've tried to shoot it differently in the past but after 10 years you kind of run out of ides. So, you just have to keep an eye out for nice moments. Since we pushing so hard to put more content on the web and my day was pretty open and I didn't have another assignment for a few hours I was able to spend a little more time than normal. Usually I concentrate on just shooting the airmen since they are the ones being honored, and deservedly so. But since I had extra time and an outlet for the photos I decided to shoot some extras with the volunteers as well. I think the overhead meat cutting shot is one of my favorites, mainly because it was a shot I hadn't done from here before. However, a close second would be the little girl in the pink cowboy hat. She was an absolute doll. When I was getting her name and the names of her family members I told her I liked her hat, and after I did that she raised her leg up above the table to show me her matching pink cowboy boots, it was just too cute and I got a great laugh out of it. It's the little things like that, that make my job so much fun.
0418_loc_BBQ3

0418_loc_BBQ4

0418_loc_BBQ7

0418_loc_BBQ6

No comments: