Thursday, June 3, 2010

State Track Day 1, Raining on my Parade...

0515_spo_TrackStamRelayWIN
The first day of the state track meet is always a long day, not unlike the first day of golf and tennis except I don't have to drive four hours to get there. But I still need to be there at 9am, the difference is the meet is usually not over until about 9:30pm. This year, however, I got a four hour break in the form of a thunderstorm! That pretty much made all the field event get more compressed and many of them got compressed into the time the running events were going on. So, that meant that not only did I need to pay attention to the races but more field events too. It seemed to work out, and the weather was a lot cooler than normal. I never thought I'd be wearing a sweatshirt during the state track meet, normally I'm drinking water as fast as I sweat it out!
0515_spo_TrackWylie3200

0515_spo_TrackHaskell800

0515_spo_WF_OldHiJumpWIN

0515_spo_TrackRain

0515_spo_TrackBSLongJump

0515_spo_Day1Track1270

0515_spo_Day1Track0840

0515_spo_TrackSvillePV

No comments: