Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weathering the Storm...

0319_loc_AB_Weather
I was shooting a baseball game the other night, as the sun was going down I noticed the dark clouds to the west and a strong wind blowing in from that direction. It was just a matter of time before the storm. All I was hoping for would be able I'd get something decent from the baseball game before the rain came in. Well, a couple innings into the game the lightning started, and the field was cleared. I only had about 20 minutes before my next assignment, so I decided to leave. As I was walking across the parking lot a beautiful streak of lightning went across the sky. So, I figured I'd hang out and wait for a weather shot. I pretty much decided I'd use the steeple to the church parking lot I was sitting in to frame the shot and sat and waited. The lightning streaked across the sky a couple times and it either wasn't what I was looking for or I was a little late on the trigger. Finally, there were about three huge stretches of lightning. This was the one I liked the best.

No comments: