Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here We Go Again...

0802_ABLO_FootballPractice1
Last week was the first week of August, that can only mean one thing... two actually: 1) It's the start of football season, with high school starting their quests for a state title with the first week of practice, and 2) It's hotter than hell!! And this summer, it's even worse, it hasn't rained here in, I think, like 3 months. Plus, we've set a record for most days over 100 degrees and they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon. Hell, it's in the 90's at 10pm!
0802FootballDay2_0044
However, that's not going to stop football from starting on time. Kids sweating their asses off in hopes of freezing their asses off in December. At least, I'm hoping the 100 degree temps are gone by then! My trip is always the same directions every day. It's actually kind of nice, the schedule has only changed slightly over a few years. That also helps in having the coaches know that we are coming and will have their teams ready for photos. The main part of my trip is shooting mugs shots and any cover photos needed for the football tab. But, I'm also shooting practice photos for any news stories (weather, hydration, general first day of practice, etc.).
0806_ABFE_PhotoColumn1
So, anyway, not only was Monday the first day of football practice it was also my first day back from a much needed 10 day vacation. However, in hindsight, I'm not so sure I'm going to make my first day back from vacation such a stressful time. It was way too much of a pain and a logistical nightmare. However, despite a few glitches, I ended up making it through and getting a few decent shots. Now it's on to finishing up the rest of the football tab photos, I'll be glad when the real games start.
0806_ABFE_PhotoColumn3

0802_ABLO_FootballPractice3

0806_ABFE_PhotoColumn2

No comments: