Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Down 16 to go...

0828_ABLO_CCityvsMerkel1
The final game of the weekend was another area match up between Colorado City and Merkel. Both were expected to have big seasons and whoever won this one was off to a good start. The game started off looking pretty good Merkel scored first, but Colorado City moved the ball well. The biggest problem is Colorado City kept shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone.
0828_ABLO_CCityvsMerkel2
In the second quarter Colorado City started to put things together, but Merkel was still playing really well on both sides of the ball, it was just looking like one of those games that looked like it would go back and forth all night. It was a lot of fun to watch but made things a little stressful to cover given earlier deadlines on Saturday, than the normal later Friday night deadlines.
0828_ABLO_CCityvsMerkel3
I shot until the middle of the third quarter and after I got photos that would work for both teams I ran to the pressbox to edit. Things stayed close all through my editing. I was kind of hoping one team or another would pull away, but that just wasn't going to happen. So, I sent two photos, one that would work if CCity won and another that would work should Merkel win. Finally, towards the end of the fourth quarter Merkel pulled away with the lead and with less than two minutes left they scored a TD to put things away. This was easily the best game I got to see of the weekend, I just wish I wasn't so squeezed for time. Nonetheless I was happy with what I got. Hopefully things will only get better from here.
0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0073

0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0134

0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0337

0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0417

0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0420

0828_ABSP_CCityvsMerkel0255

No comments: