Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm Starting to Hate Volleyball a Little Less...

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball1
But, only a little bit. I'm still not going to be jumping to cover volleyball over any other sports. But at the same time, I'm not going to contemplate calling in sick every time I see a volleyball assignment if I keep getting decent matches like I did the other night. Now, it does help that Abilene High and Cooper were playing each other, and as big as this rivalry is finding good emotional shots aren't that hard. I think if these two teams had a chess or checkers match there would be 1,000+ people there screaming and shouting for their team.
1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball2
This match really didn't have a whole lot riding on it. Abilene High had been eliminated from the playoffs and Cooper was nearly locked in to where they would play. Basically this one was for pride and bragging rights. I was kind of expecting Cooper to win it, AHS had looked awful in the last few matches I saw them play and Cooper was improving. But, as it always seems to go, when you get to a rivalry game you throw records out the window, they just don't matter. And Abilene High proved that, taking a bite out of their crosstown rivals despite not having much left to play for. That is the great part about covering girls sports, the pure raw emotion shown by the players in their win made for some decent shots.
1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball4

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball0021

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball3

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball0152

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball0340

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball0323

1026_ABSP_AHSvsCHSvball0245

No comments: