Sunday, December 11, 2011

70 Years Ago...

1208_ABLO_PearlHarbor1
Wednesday I worked a very rare morning shift in order to be able to go to my wife's Christmas party. So, I had to go shoot the remembrance ceremony of the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Stuff like this is often tough to cover, I'm always trying to find good images but at the same time the most important thing is to be respectful and not running all over the place and drawing attention to myself. The good part about this is the event was being held outdoors, which is always nice and allows me to feel like I can fall into the background a little easier. The shots I got from the flag raising gave me a little more confidence and allowed to me work things and take a few more chances. The event wasn't all that long, about 20 minutes and much of that was speeches so there wasn't a whole lot of variety to shoot. So, at the end of the ceremony the bugler playing Taps, with the flag in the background and the pretty blue sky as a backdrop was the shot I knew I wanted. It was exactly what I wanted, simple, clean and told the story well.
1208_ABLO_PearlHarbor2

No comments: