Sunday, June 3, 2012

Graduating with a Moment of Clarity...

0525_ABLO_WylieGrads1
Last Friday was Wylie's graduation. I can't remember the last time I didn't cover a Wylie graduation. And it was as I was driving over to the ceremony that I realized every one of the kids graduating that night were bore AFTER I had graduated from high school, talk about a moment to make you feel old. Oh well, not much you can do about that, life goes on and I am enjoying life a lot more than the day I graduated high school and wasn't sure what the hell I was going to do after that.
0525_ABLO_WylieGrads2
So, back to the Wylie graduation ceremony. In my 12+ years at the newspaper, I'm not sure exactly how many of these I've shot but I'm guessing at least 10. It makes it nice because I know how things work and where to go, etc. It's good, both when I'm in a hurry and when I have time to cover the whole thing. If I'm in a hurry to shoot another assignment I can get my shots and get out quick. If I'm staying for the whole event, I just end up with more photos and am able to do a slideshow. The other nice thing about it, is Wylie has such a ridiculously high participation rate in extra curricular activities, it seems like many of the kids are ones I've already shot before over the last few years so I recognize a lot of them, that makes things a little easier too there at the end.
0525_ABLO_WylieGrads3

0525_ABLO_WylieGrads0088

0525_ABLO_WylieGrads0052

0525_ABLO_WylieGrads4

0525_ABLO_WylieGrads0018

No comments: