Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

1225_loc_WeatherTM2
I'm not a big fan of snow, it was cool when I was a little kid and it got me out of school, but now it's more of a nuisance than anything else. I'm not really a fan of cold weather as a whole. Ideally around 60 degrees is about perfect. So, when it's 30, snowing and the wind is blowing at 10-15mph that last thing I wanna do is be outside, I'd rather be huddled up on my couch with the dogs trying to stay warm. But, that just ain't gonna happen working for a newspaper. So, you make the best of the situation.
1225_loc_WeatherTM1
Christmas Eve morning it snowed, hard. In fact it was the first time the weather service in this area had ever put out a blizzard warning. So, at 9am I got a call to go shoot weather photos, at least I'd be getting off early on Christmas Eve. So, I set out looking for people playing in the snow, as well as people stuck in it. The funny thing is, it was so cold and the wind was blowing so hard there really wasn't a whole lot of people out in it like in the past. However, after looking for a while I did find a few brave souls willing to brave the snow.
1225_loc_WeatherTM3

No comments: