Sunday, January 23, 2011

Boxing...

0109_loc_Boxing0494
I love shooting boxing. Ever since the first time I shot it in college, there has always been an interest. I know that MMA is a lot more popular right now, but as far as what I'd rather shoot I'll take boxing any day. Maybe it's because this is amateur and not professional, but it's a lot of fun to shoot. I also think it has a lot to do with how little I get to shoot it, maybe once a year.
0109_loc_Boxing1
This time it was a tournament. One of the local boxing gyms was having a state qualifying tournament with about 20 bouts. It was really cool because there was a nice mix of different ages and even a few girls matches. The last few boxing stories I've shot have just been boxers practicing, so it was nice to finally be able to shoot some matches. I ended up getting to shoot about four matches. I was the only photog on that day and had to squeeze a basketball game in the same time boxing was happening. But, overall it turned out pretty nice. I came away with a few shots I was happy with.
0109_loc_Boxing0181

0109_loc_Boxing4

0109_loc_Boxing0107

0109_loc_Boxing3

No comments: