Friday, January 28, 2011

Still Searching for Hailey...

0117_loc_AB_DunnSearch3
Despite spending two days digging up the Abilene landfill, Hailey Dunn was not found in the Abilene landfill. The two hits that had been picked up on by the cadaver dogs were from a couple of casts that were thrown away and the hots the dog made were from dead skin cells in the casts. So the search continued...
0117DunnSearch0140
The photog we had staying in Colorado City had been there for 12 straight days, only getting home once to get clean clothes. Living out of a hotel and working on the story nearly non-stop. So, anyone who's ever had to work that much especially on the same story, knows that you need to just get some time off to unwind. So, I got to spend two days covering it. On Sunday, members of the Taylor County Sheriff's Posse were going to join the search on horseback.
0117_loc_AB_DunnSearch1
Since I was the only person covering the story that day, I was both shooting the photos and writing the story. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be, since the Sheriff Posse was there it was a new story we were able to do rather than the same "searching continues and nothing is new" story that was becoming redundant. I spent all morning following the group to a couple different places and taking off on horseback. It's really amazing how much ground can be searched by 30+ people on horseback. I wasn't able to follow to much but, needless to say, I got plenty of exercise from walking around with all my camera gear. And, like the past nearly three weeks, nothing was found. Here is a link to the story I wrote: here.
0117_loc_AB_DunnSearch2

0117_loc_AB_DunnSearch5

0117_loc_AB_DunnSearch4

0117DunnSearch0287

0117DunnSearch0166

No comments: