Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Praying for Hailey...

0110_loc_DunnSwtwater1
A couple of weeks ago, 13-year-old Hailey Dunn went missing in Colorado City, about 70 miles west of here. When it was originally reported we didn't do a whole lot on the story. The local police in Colorado City were treating her case as a runaway. However, after a week, it was looking a little different and started picking up national headlines. We had a reporter and photographer staying in Colorado City the whole week. By Sunday, we had a photog working things in that area, but there was another prayer service in Sweetwater that I had to go shoot. I was told it was going to be a candle light vigil, however, it was happening at 5pm, when there's still light out. It turned out to be a prayer service. That was fine, but I had to figure out how I was going to shoot it. All of the people participating ended up holding hands in a giant circle in the parking lot of the church. It made it kind of nice the sun was going down and I just followed the light around. At the end, they had a balloon release, by that time the sun had almost set, so I figured I'd work out the silhouettes, since that's about all the light I had left. It worked out pretty nicely considering how somber the situation was.
0110_loc_DunnSwtwater2

No comments: