Monday, April 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter Egg Hunters...

0408_ABLO_EggHuntersSH1
Saturdays in the Spring are usually really busy with all the sports and other events going on. However, the one Saturday of the Spring that's relatively slow is the Saturday before Easter. Most of the sports are played on Thursday and Friday and the weekend is left pretty open. The one event that is going on is Easter egg hunts... lots of them. I ended up covering two different ones. It was a nice change from what I had been covering and it's probably been 5 or 6 years since I've covered an Easter egg hunt.
0408_ABLO_EasterEggFountainGate1
The great thing about all this was my two assignments were spaced out enough that I could go and get there a few minutes early scope things out and then stay awhile to make a decent photo. The first place I went was great because they were having multiple hunts for different age groups all on the same field. So I could shoot one hunt, then figure out if I needed to shoot from a different spot or not. It was fun because it was almost like being allowed a do-over, since I usually only get one try. Overall it was a lot of fun to shoot and I was happy with the images I made.
0408_ABLO_EggHuntersSH2

0408_ABLO_EasterEggFountainGate2

0408_ABLO_EasterEggHunters0106

0408_ABLO_EasterEggHunters0206

0408_ABLO_EasterEggHunters0212

0408_ABLO_EasterEggHunters0481

0408_ABLO_EggHuntersSH3

No comments: