Sunday, May 20, 2012

State Track, Day 1...

0512_ABSP_StateTrackPhotoPage2
I always look forward to shooting the state track meet every Spring. Even though there have been some year the officials seem to have a bigger bug up their ass than others in trying to flex their muscles and show who's boss, the meet is still one of the best run track meets in the country. Not to mention Texas has some of the best track and field talent in the country competing in this meet.
0512_ABSP_StateTrack2
The biggest thing I try to show while shooting this meet, or any track meet is there is more to it than just kids running, throwing and jumping. And having a photo page to display my work as well as an online slideshow is not only a great way to show it, but also shows a need for more than just the standard action photos. Of course, there are plenty of those to show too, but my favorite photos are always the emotional shots, especially those who weren't expected to win their respective races or events.
0512_ABSP_StateTrackComanche
One thing I have been trying to do for years is the hurdles shot of the runner in the blocks while framed by all the hurdles from the finish line. There are still a few things I don't like about it, but at the same time I liked it enough to publish... I'll try again in a couple years and hopefully shoot it better.
0512_ABSP_StateTrackPhotoPage1

0512_ABSP_StateTrackGosnell

0512_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_292

0512_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_078

0512_ABSP_StateTrack3

0512_ABSP_StateTrack1

0512_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_543

0512_ABSP_StateTrackDay1_660

No comments: