Friday, December 11, 2009

Strike up the Band...

1204_loc_HSUBand1
The day I shot this was a slow news day and we got a press release from Hardin-Simmons University about the school's band "The World-Famous Cowboy Band" playing that weekend in a parade in Dallas. It also mentioned that the band was going to be marching around the campus and surrounding neighborhood for one final practice before leaving for the parade the next day. I didn't bother to ask how far they were going to be marching... that probably would have been a good idea. I certainly got my exercise for the day though.
1204_loc_HSUBand2
It was pretty cold that day and everyone, including me was pretty bundled up. However, the cymbals player was wearing shorts, along with a scarf and the regulation cowboy boots the band always wears. Now, since it was just practice, the band's full uniforms weren't required to be worn, but I guess they had to wear their boots. That and the shot of the kid watching as the band marched by were my two favorite shots .
1204_loc_HSUBand4

No comments: