Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Boys of.... Summer?

0223_loc_AHSvsCHSWeather002
Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I HATE HATE HATE snow!! The last time I was excited about snow was when I was a kid amd it got me out of school. Cold weather, I'm not a huge fan of but I can deal with it. But snow, no way. It's a damn nuisance, and just causes me to work more. Last Monday I got asked to work to shoot the crosstown baseball game since the normal Monday night photog was on vacation. I figured no big deal, go out shoot the game and be done. The editor who called me also asked to grab a few weather shots too. That was easy enough, most everyone in the stands was pretty bundled up because the game time temperature was about 33... way too damn cold for a baseball game!!
0223_spo_AHSvsCHSbaseball0315
After the first couple of innings it was clear this was only my second baseball game of the year, my timing was off, got caught off guard and looking the wrong way more than normal. It actually turned out to be a good thing, I was trying to be done shooting by 9pm to make deadline. I was stretching it waiting for a decent shot. Then the snow started. It was really light at first, then between innings it just started coming down hard. It was kind of funny. I shot the top photo which was about the third pitch and the kid threw two more pitches before they called the game. Didn't matter I knew I had my shot. I stuck around to get a few shots of them putting out the tarp since both teams were putting it out. After the tarp was out I had to go, it was after 9pm and both the front page and sports front were being held for these photos. The ironic part of it all was that by the time I got in my car and headed back to the office it had stopped snowing... We did get five inches by morning though. I'm ready for Spring!!
0223_loc_AHSvsCHSWeather001

No comments: