Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Fabulous Thunderbirds....

0501_loc_Thunderbirds4
Last week was the annual airshow at Dyess Air Force Base. This year the Thunderbirds were performing. This is something that brings back memories from childhood, I grew up with my dad taking me to airshows growing up in Atlanta and the Thunderbirds were always amazing to watch... they still are. So, on Friday I was sent out to cover the Thunderbirds' dress rehearsal for the big brothers big sisters and some Make A Wish kids. It was really cool and kind of helped with my planning on shooting the performance the following day at the airshow. Since there wasn't too much of a crowd for this one since it was basically a private viewing I spent most of my time shooting the planes flying, that is when I wasn't gawking at them.
0502_LOC_Thunderbirds0323

0501_loc_Thunderbirds2

0501_loc_Thunderbirds3

0501_loc_Thunderbirds1

0502_LOC_Thunderbirds0142

No comments: