Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Basketball Playoffs Round 2...

0218_ABSP_WylievsGR1
Last year, with 12 regular season losses Wylie ended up winning a state championship a little under the radar. This year, there is nowhere to hide for the defending state champs and one of the best players in the state leading the team. Friday night was the Lady Bulldogs' first test of the playoffs was against Glen Rose in Cisco after earning a first-round bye.
0218_ABSP_WylievsGR2
I ended up getting to the game a little late, I had another game to shoot 15 miles down the road in Eastland that started 30 minutes before the Wylie game. So, I missed most of the first quarter. When I got there Wylie had already built a comfortable lead and even with their best player in foul trouble they were cruising to a pretty easy win. One thing I like about Cisco is they have a pretty large gym and the stands are high which allows me to get off the court and shoot up high, plus like I've said many times before, the seats are a lot more comfortable up there too. By the fourth quarter Wylie pretty much had the game to a point they weren't going to lose, so most of the starters were pulled. They ended up winning the game by 17 after having a 30+ point lead. But, after emptying the bench Glen Rose made things a little more respectable and they starters were able to rest. Luckily I was able to make a few decent images in the two quarters before the starters were pulled.
0218_ABSP_WylievsGR3

0218_ABSP_WylievsGR4

No comments: