Monday, February 13, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Dance...

0210_ABLO_DaddyDaughter1
Last Thursday I shot the city of Abilene's 14th annual Daddy/Daughter Date Night. It's really a pretty cool event that the city puts on. Every year around Valentine's Day Little girls, up to seventh grade, and their dads have date night. And, it has become a pretty big event bringing in hundreds of little ladies and their fathers for dinner and dancing.
0210_ABLO_DaddyDaughter2
Now, normally I don't change my photos to black and white. However, the combination of the light being really awful and the DJ lights that just threw everything off made the color photos just look atrocious. Plus they ran in black and white in the newspaper. The top photo, especially, looked 100 times better when the color was removed since it got a little blown out by the DJ lights. However, after taking the color out of it I thought it looked much better, and made me a lot happier with my images.
0210_ABLO_DaddyDaughter3

No comments: