Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Week in the Horse Barn...

0728_ABFE_4H_HorseShow10025
I pretty much spent all of last week covering the Texas State 4-H Horse Show. While the weather was creeping into the high 90's and 100's it's was a little tough balancing shooting the competitions and the miserable heat. The horse barn at the Taylor County Expo Center was miserable, not only was it hotter than hell outside, but the heat was beating down on the metal roof and almost no circulation inside of there. It wouldn't have been so bad had the person riding that I needed to shoot was rider number 114. The good thing about it was I had plenty of time to play around and figure out the best place to shoot from. I ended up finding a rip in the bottom of the fence covering allowing me to get low and shoot some nice stuff.
0728_ABFE_PhotoColumn1
A lot of what I shot for my photo column was non-competition, behind the scenes looks at the week. I do wish I had found the kids in the little pool the day I was stuck in the horse barn all day, since I was so drenched in sweat when I walked out it kind of looked like I had been in a pool anyway! With as little rodeo that I shot at the high school rodeo earlier in the summer this wasn't so bad spending every day out there, except for the heat.
0728_ABFE_PhotoColumn5

0728_ABFE_HorseShow0999

0728_ABFE_PhotoColumn3

0728_ABFE_PhotoColumn6

0727_ABLO_4H_HorseShow1

0728_ABFE_PhotoColumn4

0728_ABFE_4H_HorseShow0345

0728_ABFE_4H_HorseShow0104

0728_ABFE_4H_HorseShow0402

No comments: