Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Praying For Rain...

0816_ABLO_Pray4Rain1
Last week I headed up to Stanford for a pray for rain gathering put together by a group of churches up in Stanford. Now, it's been a few months since we have had any significant rain in the area. So, having a prayer circle to ask for rain may not have been such a bad idea. The event was happening at 8pm, so the good thing about it was there was going to be some nice light to be had. The bad part about it was the nice light wasn't going to last too long. I found a nice shot that I liked of a couple of people holding hands during the prayer and spent a little bit working it so the sun was coming between the people and the hand silhouetted against the sky. After a little bit I got a shot I was happy with, then I moved along and saw the couple holding the rosary beads. Damn, at this point I didn't have a whole lot of sun light left after spending so much time working the other shot. Quickly I tried to reframe the shot to what I had before with the cross hanging down against the sky. Luckily after a little rotation of the frame I ended up with the shot I wanted. After that it was just a matter of getting a couple secondary shots to go with it.
0816_ABLO_Pray4Rain3

No comments: