Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Raining on my parade...

0913_loc_WTFParade1
I'm still not a fan of most of the parades we have in Abilene since not many people come to most of them, and quite frankly they are all pretty much the same and most of the "floats" are just people riding in cars advertising what ever car dealership giving them the car to drive in the parade. The West Texas Fair & Rodeo parade still has plenty of that, but it also has a lot of bands, some actual floats, riders on horseback and most important... a decent-sized crowd.
Since it is unofficially monsoon season here and I've bitched about the rain for the last three weeks what is one more post to bitch about the rain? Actually it wasn't raining when the parade actually started. Which, I guess, was good because it didn't scare the people away. The crowd was still good. The rain did start towards the end of the parade. Which is when everybody started to break out the umbrellas. That was a good thing since most of what I had shot so far wasn't all that fantastic. And, despite all the rain that I had shot in, I didn't really have an umbrella shots. So, I figured today was the day to shoot it.
0913_loc_WTFParade2

No comments: