Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Drive through window...

0925_loc_BeallsDriveThru
Stereotypes often are built on truth. And as soon as I heard the call come over the scanner that a car had run into the front of a store, I immediately knew it was an old person driving. This has actually happened more often than you would think. Usually, however, it is the library that they are treating as a drive through window. I think it's happened to either the library or the post office 3 or 4 times in the last couple of years. This time it was a department store and I was right about the age, it was an 84-year-old woman who put the new hole in the store. When I got there I made a few quick photos. While I was waiting for the reporter to get information about the accident I noticed the store manager picking up a few items of clothing. I think she only picked up 3 or 4 garments before walking away. This made the best photo, showing her working while the car was half-way in the store.

No comments: