Wednesday, November 18, 2009

District Champs...

1028_spo_CHSvballWin
Girls high school volleyball is one of those sports where finding emotion is about as easy as you can get since they pretty much celebrate after every point scored and even after some points they lose! So, when your told we'd really like a celebration shot from the game, it's almost too easy! However, the story here was how if Cooper won the match they would win their first district volleyball title in 6 years. I shot this match kind of handicapped though. Considering most evey shot I make shooting volleyball I shot vertical, it's a real pain in the ass to see when your vertical grip on your D3 DOESN'T WORK!! Then, before that I noticed my 300mm lens wasn't in my car, since I didn't want to leave it in my trunk for the weekend while I was in Cincinnati! Oops. And if all that wasn't bad enough, my 70-200mm lens (the one that the front element fell out of) wouldn't focus on anything sharp past 135mm! Well, luckily I didn't have to worry too much about action shots, although I did shoot plenty and just got closer and shot from the floor most of the game anyway since I was waiting for the end anyway. Luckily, the match ended in four games, and of course, the girls were excited, so it was just a matter of framing up the shot.

No comments: