Thursday, September 30, 2010

3 Minutes Till I'm Dust In The Wind...

0927_loc_KansasFollo
So, the reason why I had to leave the ACU football game early was because I had to shoot Kansas playing with the Hardin-Simmons University Orchestra. It was a pretty big deal since, other than country and Christian rock all the big act... even the outdated ones, have a tendency to skip Abilene. Plus this was a big-name band playing with the orchestra of a fairly small school. It was really cool in that respect. What wasn't cool is, Kansas still wants to put the big-time restrictions on photos, this was one of the worst I've witnessed. Most of the big bands I've covered (except for Willie Nelson) have had a three song limit. Kansas, made it even worse, with a three minute limit. Which basically turned out to be one song, an instrumental. After that I was told I had to stop shooting. I was hoping to shoot at least some singing or something. At least I did get to hear "Point of No Return" as I was walking out. At least Willie will be back in December...

No comments: