Thursday, September 9, 2010

Crop Dustin...

0904_loc_PhotoColumn1
This was one of those stories I've been wanting to shoot for a couple years, but haven't been able to find someone to shoot. I tried contacting a crop duster about 5 or 6 years ago but at the time his plane was out of commission, and other times they didn't have anything to work on. This time for my photo column I figured someone with an interesting job would be great for Labor Day weekend. It made for a really cool story and I learned a lot about the business and potential problems faced. The biggest problem was getting up at 5:30 to make an hour-long drive to Haskell to meet the pilot at the airport at 7am. As I've said many times before... I'm NOT a morning person. But I'm glad I did it, my only regret being that I didn't have more time. He only made one flight and the field he was spraying was far enough away that I wouldn't get there in time to shoot him spraying before he was done. But otherwise, it was really cool. You can read the story I wrote here.
0904_loc_PhotoColumn2

0904_loc_PhotoColumn4

0904_loc_PhotoColumn3

No comments: