Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Zero Week, Game 1

0828_spo_AHSvsBelton5
This year was kind of weird, for the first time in years, the first high school football game of the year for me didn't start on Thursday night, but rather on Friday. So, my first game came with a 250 mile trip south to San Antonio, where the season ended last year, shooting Abilene High again. Only instead of them playing Katy in the state championship, they were playing Belton in the 12th annual Texas Football Kickoff Classic at the Alamodome.
0828_loc_AHSvsBelton0002
It was a pretty good game considering it was the first of the season. The cobwebs were certainly there both for me and the football teams. I missed a lot of shots I'll get later in the season. The first half kind of sucked photo-wise. After editing through halftime I decided to shoot the third quarter from the upper deck, something I had wanted to do during the state game but never made it up there.
0828_spo_AHSvsBelton3
I'm glad I went up there, I got a few nice shots and I really like the nice clean backgrounds you get from shooting so high, not to mention even shooting from the pressbox at high school stadiums you can't get up this high, so it's not a shot I'll get for at least another 11 weeks.
0828_spo_AHSvsBelton1

0828_loc_AHSvsBelton0007

0828_spo_AHSvsBelton2

0828_spo_AHSvsBelton4

0828_loc_AHSvsBelton0695

No comments: