Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Honoring Those Who Served...

1111_ABLO_VetsDay1
Last Thursday, in preparation for Veteran's Day I had to shoot some airmen from Dyess Air Force Base placing flags at the headstones of those buried at the Local Texas Veteran's Cemetery. This was the second year I had shot it and it's good that I had done it last year, since last year I noticed there were almost as many airman putting out the flags as there were grave sights. Knowing this, plus knowing the right places to shoot to get the best light helped since the whole event is over in a snap. This year I just stayed in one spot and basically staked out where I was going to shoot, it was just a matter of waiting for someone to place their flag. It worked out really well, everyone was only putting out 2-3 flags. So, there were quite a few out while I staked out the spot I was at. In a period of only about 2 minutes I was able to get both my shots. From relatively the same spot. That was a good thing given that the whole cemetery was finished in less than 15 minutes. Thank god for nice light.
1111_ABLO_VetsDay2

1111_ABLO_VetsDay3

No comments: