Sunday, November 13, 2011

Soccer Time Again...

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTD6
Last Sunday Hardin-Simmons was playing UT-Dallas in the championship match of the American Southwest Conference tournament. I ended up having to work, since ACU was playing in their conference championship match. It was cool, the last time I had shot college soccer was after HSU had won the national championship last year. The cool thing about having to shoot on my day off (other than overtime pay) is it's usually only one assignment and I don't have to worry about getting a shot and heading to my next assignment.
1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTD5
Since I didn't have to worry about time it allowed me to set up a remote behind the goal that HSU was driving to. Remotes are great and make for some really nice photos when they work. However, they often don't. There are plenty of games that I set one up and come back with a couple hundred pictures of nothing. But, it still fun to set one up and see what happens. Plus, when they do work, it usually makes a great lead photo. For this game I'd say it half worked. I was really happy with the celebration shot at the top, but I also had the header of the girl hitting the ball into the net, sadly the net cut her head in half. Oh well, I think I'd rather have the jube shot anyway... at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself. The bottom photo, by the way, is the same moment that I shot at the same time with the camera I was shooting with.
1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTD1

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTD3

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTDsoccer0617

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTDsoccer0273

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTDsoccer0378

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTDsoccer0561

1107_ABSP_HSUvsUTD2

No comments: