Thursday, November 24, 2011

State Volleyball, Championship Day, Game 1...

1120_SASP_WVvsIola1
The first match I had to shoot Saturday for the state volleyball tournament was Water Valley playing Iola in the Class 1A state championship. It was a 9am match and since I wasn't too worried about having to put together a big slideshow like I needed to for the Wylie match and since the shot I know I needed to get wasn't going to happen until the end of the match I figured I didn't need to shot up right when the match started. But, at the same time I didn't want to shot up literally for the last shot. So, my plan was to make sure I shot a couple of games. I got there about 20 minutes after the match started and the first game was just about to end.
1120_SASP_WVvsIola4
Water Valley looked like they were on a path of destruction to win the match and quickly. The good think about this is it was pretty easy to make nice photos of Water Valley, the bad thing is Iola couldn't seem to do anything and the match was flying by. One thing I was sure to be conscious of was where I shot from and to be sure to vary it up while I did unlike the day before. So, even though things flew by I had a nice mix of photos. I wasn't super thrilled with the celebration shot, but considering how bad Water Valley beat them I guess I should be happy they celebrated at all. I ended up sending what I figured to be way too many photos with 10. Then when I got back in town and saw their pages I found out they ran a photo page and huge 6 column photo on the sports front. The Wylie game I shot for our paper... we ran two photos.
1120_SASP_WVvsIola2

1120_SASP_WVvsIola5

1120_SASP_WV_Fans

1120_SASP_WVvsIola6

1120_SASP_WVvsIola7

1120WVvsIola0184

No comments: